( spicy Mexican sausage)
garlic cloves, crushed, minced, to taste
2 (4 ounce) cans
whole mild green chilies, drained & seeds removed
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups
Mexican blend cheese, divided
1 1/2 cups
1 dash Tabasco sauce or 1 dash
- In a large skillet, brown sausage and ground beef, breaking up meat as it cooks.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender.
- Drain well, as chorizo is quite greasy.
- Cut the chilies into strips length-wise.
- Line a 9x9" square baking dish with half of the chilies; top with 1 1/2 cups of cheese.
- Add browned meat mixture then top with remaining chilies; set aside.
- Beat together eggs and flour until smooth; add milk, salt, and Tabasco or cayenne pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 350F oven for about 35 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted around the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over the top of the hot casserole.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.