1 (15 ounce) cans
1 3/4 cups
king arthur gluten-free flour
( or brown rice flour blend)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line the pan with papers, and grease the papers.
- Whisk together the eggs, molasses, and pumpkin purée. Set aside.
- Whisk together the gluten-free flour or brown rice flour blend, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the soft butter, mixing with an electric mixer until evenly crumbly. The mixture will look like coarse sand.
- Add the egg mixture a bit at a time, beating well with an electric mixer after each addition. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture is fluffy.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, mounding the cups full. The batter will rise above the level of each cup; that's fine.
- Let the muffins rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake the muffins for 22 to 25 minutes, until the middle springs back when lightly touched. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Best served warm.
- Yield: 12 muffins.