2 1/2 teaspoons
rice vinegar, divided
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or 1 tablespoon
1 1/2 tablespoons
fresh ginger, minced
garlic cloves, minced
( 4 tsp.)
1 (8 ounce) packages
tempeh, cut into half-inch cubes
1 (12 ounce) packages
green beans, frozen
roasted unsalted cashews
- Whisk together hoisin sauce, 2 teaspoons rice vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and 1/2 cup water in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat skillet or wok over medium heat. Add oil, then ginger and garlic.
- Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, or until garlic turns pale gold.
- Add tempeh and hoisin sauce mixture to pan. Stir to coat tempeh. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 2 minutes, or until sauce begins to thicken.
- Stir in green beans. Cover, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until beans are hot, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar.
- Serve topped with cashews.