3 1/2 cups
applesauce, thin fresh cooked
( "or No. 2-1/2 tin")
1 1/2 tablespoons
- Sift flour, measure, and resift with sugar, baking powder, and salt, into mixing bowl.
- Add butter and mix with finger tips.
- Combine beaten egg and milk and pour into dry ingredients; beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Heat the applesauce, combine with cinnamon and lemon juice, and pour into a large baking dish (10x6.5x2 inches).
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls onto the hot applesauce. Cover and bake in a hot oven (450 degrees) for 25 to 30 minutes, until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with cream or top milk.