salt, to taste
- Finely chop onion.
- In the pot where you are going to boil the rice, melt 1 tablespoon butter and fry onions until light brown.
- Add rice, fry, stirring, until slightly glassy.
- Add stock, salt to taste (if necessary).
- Bring to a boil, cover pot and let simmer at low temperature for 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let the rice stand for 10 more minutes, still covered.
- Meanwhile melt the other tablespoon butter in a skillet, add raisins and fry, stirring, until soft (about 2 minutes).
- Add nuts and sugar to the raisins, mix well and pour into a bowl that is big enough for the rice.
- Fill cooked rice on top of nut-raisin mix, press down and then turn over onto plate.