Italian turkey sausage
extra-virgin olive oil
garlic cloves, sliced
2 (15 ounce) cans
no-salt-added white beans, do not drain
3/4 lb baby kale or 3/4 lb
fresh ground black pepper
balsamic vinegar, more to taste
- Remove sausage from its casing and break into bite-sized pieces. Sauté in the oil until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté the garlic until just golden, about 1 minute. Add the beans with their liquid and stir in the kale, a few handfuls at a time.
- Simmer until the kale is tender, about 2 minutes, add more water as necessary to the beans moist.
- Stir the sausage back into the pan with the beans and kale.
- Season with black pepper and the balsamic vinegar.