3 -4 lbs
( Mine just fit in the oval crock-pot)
Thai sweet chili sauce
onion, rough chopped
fresh ginger, rough chopped
lemongrass, tender part sliced
carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks size
red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
shiitake mushroom, stem removed and sliced
2 -3 cups
broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
( I purchase the cooked ones in the refrigerator section)
1/4 cup cilantro or 1/4 cup
basil, rough chopped to taste
- Season meat with pepper and very lightly salt. I didn`t salt because the soy and hoisin has plenty of sodium.
- In a hot pan brown the meat in oil until well seared on all side.
- Combine Sauce ingredients except for water in a blender, blend till smooth.
- Place sauce in crock pot stir in water. Place browned meat into liquid.
- Add optional thai chili`s if desiring extra heat.
- Place lid on and cook for about 4-6 hours in crock-pot on high.
- Remove meat, (it should be very tender and fall apart) placing on a plate cover to keep warm.
- Add the carrots, peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli.
- Cover and cook another 5-15 minutes until desired texture of veggies is reached.
- Toss in fresh udon noodle mixing in to heat and combine with veggies.
- Place noddle mixture on a platter and top with meat.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro, and or basil, and serve.
- Shred beef while the veggies cook and stir into the noodle mixture.