1 1/4 cups
unbleached all-purpose flour, divided
1 1/4 teaspoons
unsalted butter, melted
- Grease a 10" tube pan.
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Combine warm milk and melted butter, gradually add to flour mixture, mixing for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, remaining 1 1/2 cups flour, and zest.
- Beat vigorously for 2 minutes.
- Spread dough evenly into pan.
- over, let rise for 1 hour.
- Towards the end of the cake's rising time, preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine sugar and water in saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, until the syrup thickens.
- Add lemon juice and remove from heat.
- Bake cake for 22-25 minutes, until tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven.
- Brush half syrup over cake and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack set over parchment or a pan.
- Brush remaining syrup over newly exposed bottom crust.
- Turn cake right side up onto plate and cool completely.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries.