unsalted butter, room temperature
( 9 Tbsp liquid egg whites)
1 1/2 cups
light coconut milk
( I use So Delicious brand)
stevia, replaces 1/4 C sugar
( I use 6 packets Truvia)
semi-sweet chocolate chips
( a little less than half a 9oz bag)
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, stir the coconut flour, baking soda, xanthan gum, and salt together.
- 4. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, vanilla extract, egg whites, applesauce, & coconut milk. This mixture will seem way too watery at first but don't worry, coconut flour sucks up moisture and needs this much liquid.
- 5. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until well combined.
- 6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 7. Scoop by the tablespoon onto the cookie sheet, then flatten out the balls with your fingertips. These cookies won't spread while baking so flatten them to the size you want the final product to be.
- 8. Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly brown. Makes 30 cookies.