almond milk, unsweetened
( or unsweetened soy milk)
apple cider vinegar
2 1/4 cups
2 1/2 teaspoons
Earth Balance buttery sticks, cold, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
vegan cheddar cheese, grated
( I use Daiya brand)
scallions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Add 1 tsp apple cider vinegar to 1 cup almond milk and set aside to curdle while you measure the dry ingredients.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, then blend in the Earth Balance with your fingertips or a pasty cutter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the Daiya Cheddar and scallions.
- Add buttermilk and stir until just combined, do not over mix.
- Drop dough in 12 equal mounds about 2 inches apart onto a buttered large baking sheet.
- Bake in middle of oven until golden, 18 to 20 minutes.