( can use margarine)
1 (21 ounce) cans
pie filling, your choice, cherry is popular
confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt, and add to batter.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour more than half the batter into a greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Put canned pie filling over the batter, spreading as evenly as you can.
- Drop remaining batter by spoonfuls over the pie filling.
- Filling should show through the batter.
- Bake at 350, about 40 minutes.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar before serving.