Ingredients for Cake
14 tablespoons powdered sugar or 14 tablespoons
confectioners' sugar, divided in to 2 equal parts
1 1/2 teaspoons
green cardamom pod, crushed seeds
all-purpose flour, for dusting
Ingredients for Rose Frosting
heavy whipping cream
7 tablespoons powdered sugar or 7 tablespoons
1 1/2 tablespoons
edible rose water
pink food coloring
- Method for Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and 7 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Set aside.
- Using the paddle attachment, start beating the egg yolks in a bowl.
- While beating the eggs, very slowly add water. Combine well.
- Now slowly add the oil to create an emulsion (smooth consistency).
- Add the sifted flour mixture in several batches to form a smooth batter.
- Add the cardamom seeds. Mix for another ten-fifteen seconds. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, start beating egg whites while gradually adding seven tablespoons of powdered sugar.
- Beat until this mixture forms peaks and triples in volume.
- Gently, fold the egg whites into the egg yolk and flour batter. Do this in three batches and do not over mix.
- Pour the batter on to a 12” x 16” baking sheet, which has been coated with cooking spray and dusted with all-purpose flour.
- Place this tray on the top rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake until the cake tester comes out clean. It should take about ten to fifteen minutes, depending on the oven.
- When the cake is baked, take the baking sheet out of the oven and place it on a cooling rack. Bring to room temperature.
- Using a 3-inch cookie cutter cut 12 circles out of the cake sheet. Set them aside.
- Method for Rose Frosting:
- Start beating 1 Cup heavy whipping cream in a mixer bowl, using a whisk attachment.
- Once frothy, gradually add the powdered sugar.
- Once the sugar is combined, add the food color with the help of a toothpick.
- Add the rose water.
- Continue beating until it triples in volume and forms peaks.
- Place the frosting in a zip lock bag. Seal the bag to remove air. Push the frosting to one corner and snip that corner of the bag.
- Unsalted Shelled Pistachios, chopped.
- Edible Dried Rose Petals.
- Once, you have the frosting ready and the cake cooled, its time to get creative!
- Place one cake circle at the bottom of a glass bowl.
- Pipe the prepared frosting to cover this cake circle.
- Place another cake circle on top of this frosting and repeat part 2.
- Garnish with pistachios and rose petals.