1 2/3 cups
1 1/2 cups
lemons, zest of
finely chopped walnuts
fresh lemon juice
( from the lemons you used for the rind)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease/flour 2 standard loaf pans or 5 mini loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another, large, mixing bowl combine sugar and lemon rind.
- Then add oil and one egg at a time, beating well after adding each egg.
- Add flour mixture and nuts.
- Divide between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake one hour.
- While bread is baking prepare the glaze by thoroughly mixing the sugar and lemon juice.
- Pour glaze over bread as soon as you take it from the oven.
- Leave loaves in pans overnight.