3 1/2 lbs
brown sugar, firmly packed
( it's spelled Catchup in the book!)
- Rinse Beef.
- Cover with cold water.
- Add bay leaves and peppercorns and bring to a boil.
- Boil 5 minutes. Remove scum.
- Cover kettle and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 2 - 2.5 hours or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove to shallow baking pan.
- Dot with whole cloves.
- In small saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Cook until blended.
- Pour over meat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, basting occasionally.