whole graham crackers
( 3/4 stick)
dark brown sugar
2 (3 ounce) packages
vanilla pudding mix
( cook and serve)
( 2 cups)
fresh fresh blueberries
- To make the crust:.
- Crush the grahm crackers with your hands as fine as you can(or grind in food processor).
- Heat the butter in a saucepan or microwave oven until half melted. Work the butter and sugar into the crumbs with your fingertips until the crumbs look like wet sand.
- Using your fingertips, press the crust into a 9" pie pan, making an even layer on the bottom and sides of pan. (If using storebought crust, skip this part.).
- Bake until the crust is a shade darker, and let it cool completely.
- Make the pudding according to the package directions, then let it stand 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep a film from forming on the top.
- Use a spoon or rubber spatula to scrape the pudding into the grahm cracker shell and smooth it into an even layer. Put the tart in the fridge until the pudding is chilled and set, at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the stems off the strawberries and wash them with the other berries in a colander under cold water. Drain them and then spread them out on paper towels to dry.
- Arrange the berries nicely over the custard or just gently tumble them onto it. Cover the tart lightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate it.
- Your can make the tart up to 4 hours in advance.
- Serve cold and enjoy!