( peeled and chopped)
onion, finely chopped
salt and pepper
- Add 1 tbls olive oil to a medium pan (not a non-stick frying pan)
- Finely Chop the onion and fry with the crushed garlic until soft, just before they start to brown.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, chili and thyme and continue cooking until the mushrooms are soft. Be carful not to overcook, as the mushrooms will make the mixture too liquid.
- Try the mixture and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take off the heat, add the remaining olive oil and breadcrumbs and mix in a blender. I suggest not blending for too long and the pate will have a nice coarse texture.
- Chill in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Comment:. This is quite spicy so you may want to use less chili. Or perhaps more!