2 (4 ounce) packets
instant mashed potatoes
water, heated to boiling
peas and carrots
( frozen is fine)
( canned corn will work fine)
fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons vegetarian Worcestershire sauce or 2 teaspoons
tamari soy sauce
salt and pepper
nonstick cooking spray or
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil water for mashed potatoes. When boiling, add instant mashed potatoes and set aside.
- Cook lentils and bay leaves in water for about 15-20 minutes. (Bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer.) Get them soft, but not mushy. Test for done-ness; pour off any excess water.
- Dice onion, saute in olive oil; when softened, add peas and carrots, cook until tender; then add cooked lentils and the rest of the ingredients. Adjust seasonings.
- Coat 2 quart casserole with cooking spray or oil. Load in lentil mixture, spread evenly in pan. Top with mashed potatoes, creating swirls with a spatula or spoon for browning.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Serve hot. Top with more fresh parsley or cheddar cheese if desired.