Cool Whip Free, thawed
hot powdered cocoa mix, from a 25-calorie packet
( like Swiss Miss Diet or NestlÃ Fat Free)
sugar-free french vanilla powdered coffee creamer
( like the kind by Coffee-mate)
light vanilla soymilk
jell-o sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
fat-free vanilla ice cream
1 1/2 cups crushed ice or 8 -12
rainbow candy sprinkles
( or more)
- To make the chocolatey topping, in a small bowl, combine Cool Whip with cocoa mix. Stir until completely mixed. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a tall glass, combine powdered creamer with 2 tablespoons hot water and stir to dissolve. Add soymilk and pudding mix. Stir until mostly dissolved. Transfer contents of the glass to a blender.
- Add ice cream and ice to the blender. Blend at high speed until thoroughly mixed. If needed, remove blender from the base, stir mixture, and blend again.
- Pour into the tall glass. Gently stir in the sprinkles.
- If you want to get fancy with your chocolatey topping, spoon it into one of the bottom corners of a plastic bag; snip off the tip of that corner to create a small hole, and pipe the topping through the hole into a swirl over your shake. Or keep things simple and just spoon on the topping! If you like, top with a few extra sprinkles. Enjoy!