Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
fresh spinach, chopped
goat cheese, softened
fresh ground pepper
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- In large bowl, combine hash brown, beaten egg, salt and pepper. Stir until potatoes are well coated with egg.
- Spray (2) 24 mini muffin pans with non-stick spray. Spoon in approximately 1 teaspoon of hash brown mixture into each muffin cup, gently pressing bottom and up the sides of cup. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until browned and they start to pull away from muffin cups. Remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- In sauté pan, cook diced bacon until lightly crisped. Remove bacon and set aside. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- In same sauté pan, add chopped spinach to bacon fat and sauté over med. high heat until spinach is wilted. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Begin to assemble nests by adding ¼ tsp fig preserves in bottom of hash brown nest. Next top with approximately ¼ tsp of cooked spinach, then ¼ teaspoons goat cheese. Top goat cheese with another ¼ tsp of fig preserves and sprinkle a little bacon on top. Continue layering process to each hash brown nest.
- Place on baking sheet and return to preheated 400° oven for 2-3 minutes or just until hot. Remove from pan and serve.