1 1/2 cups
( 105 F to 115 F)
2 (1/4 ounce) package
2 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups
white whole wheat flour
olive oil, to coat the bowl
yellow onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/2 teaspoon
fresh ground black pepper
minced fresh thyme
( good quality)
chopped fresh parsley
1 1/2 cups
Fontina cheese, shredded
parmesan cheese, shredded
- To make a pizza crust, coat a large bowl with teaspoon of olive oil and set aside.
- Stir first three ingredients together and let sit for 10 minutes, until nice and foamy.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of white flour and 1 1/2 cups of wheat flour in large bowl and mix in salt.
- Place one cup of regular white flour on work surface.
- Mix pour olive oil into yeast mixture and then pour yeast mixture into bowl with flour.
- Stir until as combined as possible.
- Turn out onto floured surface.
- With well floured hands, knead dough to work in the cup of flour on the board.
- Continue kneading until nice, smooth dough-ball is formed; approximately four minutes.
- Place in well oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap, then kitchen towel and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Dough should double (at least).
- While the dough is rising, prepare the sauce.
- In a saute pan over medium-high heat bring olive oil to a light sizzle.
- Add the minced carrots and onions.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the minced mushrooms-stir well.
- Season with the salt and pepper.
- Cook until vegetables are tender-about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme, toss well.
- Pour Marsala wine down sides of pan.
- Add the Marinara Sauce, stir well.
- Cook until sauce is heated through and the pizza dough is risen.
- Add the butter-stir quickly to incorporate.
- Use half the dough to form a large pizza crust (15 inch round), crimp the edges, brush edges with olive oil. Use the other half for another pizza.
- Place all of the sauce on the dough (less if you like, but I use it all).
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Top with shredded fontina cheese.
- Bake on pizza stone or ceramic tile at 425 F for approx 15-20 minutes.