skinless chicken pieces
( For stove top grilling, I used thighs which were first pounded to 1/4-inch thickness)
fresh rosemary sprig, for garnish
garlic cloves, peeled and minced
lemon, juice of
fresh rosemary, chopped
( fresh from our garden!)
heaping 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
( Don't add too much or the cumin will easily overpower the other flavors.)
fresh ground black pepper
- Tip: I first rubbed the rosemary leaves in a pestle and mortar to release the oil and flavor. In a large non-reactive bowl (I used a gallon size "Ziploc" bag instead), combine the marinade ingredients. Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and stir to coat them on all sides.
- Note: if you choose to cook the chicken on an outdoor grill, you don't have to pound the pieces first unless you want. Alternatively, the chicken pieces can be cut smaller and threaded on skewers to make shish kabobs.
- Cover well and refrigerate for a *minimum* of 3 hours. I marinated the chicken for a solid 6 hours but overnight will work, too. Turn the chicken pieces occasionally.
- To OUTDOOR GRILL: Place the chicken parts on the grill. Grill over hot charcoals for 10-15 minutes, turning frequently and basting with the marinade.
- To STOVE TOP GRILL: Heat the pan on medium-high heat. Place the chicken on the grill pan and cook on each side about five minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with lemon wedges and fresh sprigs of rosemary.
- Prep time includes 3 hours required (minimum) for marinating the chicken.