1 1/4 cups
( plus more if needed)
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Stir flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in any additions.
- Pour in 1 1/4 cups cream and stir to incorporate all the flour mixture. If you can't incorporate all the flour in 10-15 strokes, drizzle in a bit more cream ( about 1 T extra).
- Turn the dough out on a floured surface and knead gently once or twice to bring together.
- Pat into a half-inch-thick round and cut into wedges with a floured knife, or cut with a floured biscuit cutter.
- (This will make 8 or so 3-inch round scones or around 15 2-inch round.) Place on a baking sheet and bake until just golden and firm on top, about 15 minutes depending on size.