sweet pickle relish
thinly sliced scallions
fresh ground black pepper
4 slices toasted white bread or 4 slices whole wheat bread or 4 slices
- Place eggs in a large saucepan and fill with water to cover by 2-3 inches.
- Bring to a rolling boil and cook eggs 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain and cool eggs in a bath of cold water for 10 minutes.
- Peel eggs and let cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, mash eggs with a fork or a potato masher.
- In another small bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, relish, scallions, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over mashed eggs.
- Stir until combined.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
- Divide egg salad evenly between two slices of toasted bread.
- Close sandwiches, slice in half on the diagonal, and serve.