garlic clove, chopped
9 fluid ounces
18 fluid ounces
hot vegetable stock
asparagus spear, blanched, chopped with tips
parmesan cheese, grated
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- For the risotto, heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the shallot and garlic until softened but not coloured.
- Add the rice and fry for one minute, stirring frequently, until coated in the oil.
- Add the wine and simmer until absorbed by the rice.
- Add the hot vegetable stock a ladleful at a time, stirring between each addition to allow the liquid to be completely absorbed, until the rice is cooked and all the stock has been absorbed.
- Add the asparagus, but not the tips, butter and parmesan, season to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and stir well.
- To serve, divide the risotto equally among two serving dishes and top with dressed roquette and the asparagus tips.