carrot, peeled, cut into small chunks
chicken stock cube, I use Massel brand or Knorr
- In large sauce pan put carrots, water, chicken cube, salt and sugar.
- Cover and bring to boil. When starts to boil lower the heat and let it simmer until carrots is soft but still has a shape about 25min.
- When carrots is almost cooked make your roux.
- In a small sauce pan melt butter add flour and cook for 2-3min. don't let it brown. Stir with wooden spoon all the time. Slowly add this flour mixture - roux to cooked simmering carrots. Stir well.
- Let it cook for another 5min. Turn of the heat add vinegar it will bring out more flavor.
- Taste if needs more salt or sugar.
- Serve as a side dish with boiled potatoes or pasta and meat of your choice.