green bell pepper, chopped
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
diced tomatoes, undrained
1 (4 ounce) cans
roasted green chilies, undrained
8 flour tortillas or 8
brown rice tortillas
cooked pinto beans
( three 15-ounce cans, drained)
shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Use a 4-quart slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl, stir the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, chiles, and spices together.
- Put a layer of tortillas (you may need to tear them to get a nice fit) in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a scoop of the onion and tomato mixture, and layer on a healthy spoonful of beans and a handful of cheese.
- Top with more tortillas.
- Repeat two more times, finishing with a bunch of cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
- Cut into slices and serve with the sour cream, salsa, and avocado slices.