shallot, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons
salt & freshly ground black pepper
butter lettuce, leaves gently torn
1 1/2 cups
glazed walnuts, I use pecans but any other nut would be good
apple, quartered cored and thinly sliced
( Honeycrisp or Fuji)
blue cheese, crumbled
( Stilton or Maytag)
( I don't use)
- Wisk vinegar, honey, shallot, and mustard in medium bowl.
- Gradually wisk in oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place torn lettuce in a large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette, nuts, and apple.
- Toss to coat.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, tarragon (if using) and cheese.