1 1/2 lbs
carrots, peeled,cut into small chunks
parsnips, peeled,cut into small chunks
sweet unsalted butter, cut into small pieces,at room temperature
freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add carrots to the water, and let simmer about 5 minutees, with the lid on, but slightly ajar.
- Add parsnips, and simmer until carrots and snips are very tender, approximately 15 minutes, still with the lid on, slightly ajar.
- Drain and return to same pot.
- Stir over medium heat- this is to remove any additional moisture and should only take a minute or two.
- Place cooked veggies into a food processor and add butter.
- Process until mixture is smooth like mashed potatoes.
- Season with nutmeg to taste, as well and salt and pepper.
- Can be made 4 hours ahead and reheated.
- Tip: Parnsips look like white carrots and should be peeled just like you would a regular carrot.