large shrimp, peeled and deveined
onion, finely chopped
jarred pickled jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
( en escabeche)
coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
fresh lime juice
salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
Avocado, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- Bring a medium pan of water to a boil; cut the shrimp crosswise into thirds.
- Drop the shrimp into the boiling water until they just turn pink, about 45 seconds.
- Drain immediately and cool under running water.
- Put the shrimp in a glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Add in tomato, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper; stir.
- Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Shortly before serving, gently stir in the avocado and olive oil.
- Serve in small bowls or cocktail glasses.