apple cider vinegar
minced garlic cloves
ground black pepper
chipotle chiles in adobo
4 -5 lbs
- To make the adobo sauce combine vinegar, limejuice, chipotles, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, salt and cloves in a blender or processor on high speed until smooth.
- Remove most of the fat from the roast and then cut into large chunks (approximately 6).
- Pour oil into a frying pan and sear all sides of roast on medium-high heat until browned.
- Place meat into Crockpot and pour adobo sauce over meat.
- Pour in the chicken broth and add bay leaves.
- Cook on high heat 6 hours or on low all day.
- While still in the Crockpot, shred the meat with two forks and turn the heat to warm. Serve with hard or soft tortilla shells when ready.
- Typical sides include tortillas, rice, black or pinto beans, cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, and sour cream.
- Don’t forget to make my 5 Minute Guacamole to go with it.