garlic cloves, minced
2% chobani Greek yogurt
whole wheat flour
grated parmesan cheese
shredded low fat mozzarella
salt and pepper
- Chop stems off the kale and discard. Finely chop the leaves and remaining stems.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large pot.
- Add the garlic and sautee for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the 1/4 cup of water and kale, stir. Place the lid on the pot and let simmer for 1-2 minutes, until kale is soft. If necessary, cover the pot and let simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Drain the kale and pat dry. Place in a large bowl.
- Add egg, yogurt, mozarella and parmesean cheese and stir.
- In a small bowl combine flour and baking powder.
- Pour flour mixture into the large bowl with kale and cheese. Stir all ingredients together. Add a dash of salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Place a large pot of water on medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Refrigerate until the water is boiling.
- In the meantime, make tomato sauce.
- When water is boiling, remove dumpling dough from the refrigerator and form into balls. I used my EatSmart Precision Pro Kitchen Scale to weigh each individual dumpling, making sure that each ball was roughly 2.0-2.10 ounces.
- When all balls are formed, place them in the large pot of boiling water.
- The dumplings should cook for 3-5 minutes before rising to the top. Upon rising, leave them in the water for another 1-2 minutes.
- Drain dumplings into a strainer and serve hot with fresh tomato sauce.