of pasteurized special crabmeat
baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
roasted red peppers, chopped
minced garlic cloves
crushed red pepper flakes
ground black pepper
- Roast the peppers. (Place sections of peppers skin side up on low broil for about 10 minutes. When blackened, put in a zip lock bag. After cooling, skins will peel easily.) Set aside.
- Proceed to make the chowder:.
- Saute garlic & crushed red pepper in olive oil until fragrant, then add the onion and saute until softened.
- Add seafood stock and potatoes. Cover and simmer until potatoes are done (about 10 minutes).
- Remove half of the chowder and blend. Return to pot.
- Add the corn, crab, & roasted red peppers and bring back to a boil for a couple minutes.
- Add half and half.
- After chowder reheats, serve with chopped parsley.