3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans
chipotle sauce from 1 7 oz can chipotle chile in adobo
sauce from 1 7 oz can chipotle chiles in adobo
extra virgin olive oil
yellow onion, chopped
red bell pepper, finely chopped
green bell pepper, finely chopped
garlic cloves, finely chopped
tomato, finely chopped
chopped fresh cilantro
- in bowl of blender, add 1 can black beans, chicken broth, chipotle and sauce. puree until smooth, about 30 seconds, set aside.
- heat oil in large pot over medium high heat.
- add onions and peppers, cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- add garlic and cumin, cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- add puree mixture and remaining black beans. bring mixture to a boil.
- reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally until soup thickens and flavors come together, about 10 minutes.
- top with sour cream, tomatoes and cilantro once in bowls.