( or half canola-oil)
dark brown sugar
( or brown or white)
( or a half vanilla bean)
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Mix dark brown sugar and butter (or oil-butter mixture) until creamy.
- Add eggs and mix until very fluffy.
- Cube Marzipan and soften in microwave (about 20-30 sec. at 700 Watt). You don't need to do this, but the handling is way easier.
- Incorporate marzipan, cinnamon, pinch of salt and vanilla extract into egg-butter-sugar mixture.
- Add ground almonds.
- Mix baking powder with flour and add to dough. Mix thoroughly.
- Butter a cake pan or cupcake tin and transfer dough to it.
- Bake at 180°C for about 45 minutes (cake) or 20 minutes (cupcakes).
- Let cupcakes cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix lemon juice and icing sugar until a thick paste forms. Glaze cooled cupcakes as you like.