shallots, finely diced
sweet marsala wine
1 (14 ounce) cans
low sodium beef broth
beef base, powdered
( such as Orrington Farms Beef Soup Base brand, bouillon cubes can be too salty)
fresh thyme leave, chopped
( or 1 tsp dried thyme)
( 1 stick)
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
4 (8 ounce)
McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
fresh chives, minced
( 1/2 bunch for garnish)
- To prepare the sauce:.
- Preheat large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, shallots and mushrooms. Saute until they become translucent.
- Increase heat to medium-high and deglaze the pan with the Marsala wine and beef stock.
- Add soup base and fresh thyme.
- Simmer about 15 minutes until sauce has reduced by two-thirds.
- To grill the steaks:.
- Preheat the grill to meduim-high heat.
- Pat steaks dry with paper towels. Rub 1/2 tsp of olive oil then sprinkle 1/2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning over each steak.
- Sear meat on both sides, and grill to medium-rare (128 degrees F internal temp; about 4 minutes per side).
- Transfer steaks from grill to serving platter, cover with foil, let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- To finish the sauce:.
- Whisk in 1/2 cup butter, 1 Tbsp at a time.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over grilled steaks and garnish with minced chives.
- Serve with Rosemary Parmesan Polenta.