chopped fresh red pepper
garlic cloves, minced
1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans
Italian plum tomatoes, drained, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons
grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and crushed red pepper.
- Cook until sausage is no longer pink, stirring frequently, about 7 minutes.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook until onion is tender and sausage is light brown, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cream, and salt.
- Simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 4 minutes. (Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water.
- Bring sauce to a simmer.
- Add pasta to sauce and cook until pasta is heated through and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Divide pasta between plates.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve, passing Parmesan separately.