1 1/2 cups
vanilla wafer crumbs
( about 45 crushed wafers)
unsalted butter, melted
cream cheese, cubed and softened
light brown sugar
pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Combine the wafer crumbs, ground pecans and melted butter in a bowl. Press into the bottom of a 12-inch springform pan.
- In a food processor fitted with the metal blade, mix the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar and process until blended.
- Add the eggs one at a time, processing until fully incorporated, then blend in the heavy cream.
- Add the flour, salt, cinnamon and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust in the pan. Bake 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until the cheesecake is just set. Remove from the oven.
- Use a knife to loosen the cake from the side of the pan; this will prevent it from splitting down the center.
- Let cool completely before slicing.