uncooked orzo pasta
garlic cloves, minced
1 1/4 lbs
raw small shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 1/2 medium
chopped fresh cilantro
chopped fresh Italian parsley
lemon, juice of
feta cheese, crumbled
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente (tender but still firm). Drain.
- Toss with 1/2 teaspoon olive oil; set aside.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque (do not overcook).
- Stir in pasta, tomatoes, cilantro, parsley and lemon juice continue to cook until all is heated through.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese. Season to taste and serve.