thick slices of great bread
( avoid the fluffy, gummy stuff!)
( I used peppered bacon)
Avocado, peeled and sliced
( ripe but still firm)
ripe tomato, sliced
( I always used green leaf but use what you like best)
salt and pepper
- Toast the bread to your liking.
- Build sandwich by adding mayo and layers of bacon and lettuce to one slice of toasted bread.
- Top with another slice of bread with mayo and layer with half the avocado and tomato slices'.
- Season with salt and pepper, and cover with the last slice of toasted bread.
- Tip: prep the tomato, avocado and lettuce leaves while the bread is toasting and the bacon is cooking.