1 (15 ounce) cans
( bartlett preferred)
dry red wine
of creamy blue cheese
( I recommend cambazola)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Simmer wine, sugar and lemon juice and mix for about 10 minutes.
- Cut up pears into thin half moon slices.
- Simmer pears in wine until liquid begins to thicken slightly. You want a syrupy consistency, not molasses.
- Cut half of the baguette into slices (cut at an angle gives you wider slices).
- Grease a baking pan to fit the slices.
- Smear a layer of blue cheese on top of each piece of bread.
- Using tongs, gently place 2 poached pear slices on each piece of bread.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until bread looks lightly toasted.