inside skirt steaks
garlic cloves, minced
fresh squeezed lime juice
cracked black pepper
- Cut skirt steak into three equally-sized portions. Place in a freezer bag or non-reactive bowl.
- Wisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over steak.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- To grill: Pile coals on one side of the grill so that the top of the pile touches the grill grate. You want the skirt steak to be right on top of the blazing red-hot coals. (In fact, some people actually skip the grate and cook directly on the coals after blowing the ash off.).
- Sear the steaks, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Allow the steak to rest about ten minutes before slicing.
- Slice the steak into 1/2 to 1 inch-thick slices, cutting against the grain.
- Serve and enjoy.