garlic cloves, minced
tomatillos, hulled and chopped
limes, quartered into wedges
- In a large frying pan cook all the bacon to a nice crispy texture.
- While the bacon is frying place the onion, garlic, tomatillos, bouillon and cilantro in a blender. Squeeze the lime wedges into the blender and mix well so everything inside forms a frothy uniformed consistency.
- Remove bacon from the drippings and sear the roast on all sides in the bacon fat. This will ensure that the juices in side the meat are sealed in side. So make sure every raw spot is well browned.
- After browning the meat return the bacon to the pan and pour the contents from the blender over the roast. Or transfer everything to a crock pot.
- Cover and allow to simmer for 1 hour on the stove. If using a crock pot set for 6-8 hours but add 2 cups of water of beef broth.
- Serve over black or pinto beans with grilled corn tortillas and enjoy.