( Japanese bread crumbs)
unsweetened dessicated coconut flakes
shrimp, peeled, deveined, but leave tails intact
( 12 shrimp 21-30 count)
oil, for deep-frying
Spicy Tartar Sauce Dip
( to taste)
finely minced onion
finely chopped celery
- Mix the panko and coconut flakes in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl beat the eggs and stir in the sugar. Set aside.
- Prepare the Spicy Tartar Sauce by combining all the ingredients together. Stir to mix well. Set aside.
- Heat up your deep fryer to 350°F.
- Pat dry the shrimp with paper towels and dip each shrimp into the egg mixture, and immediately roll the shrimp in the panko and coconut flakes. Shake off the excess, place the shrimp on a plate lined with parchment paper.
- When the deep fryer is ready, drop each shrimp gently into the oil, don't overcrowd. Fry until both sides turn golden brown, turn once to ensure even cooking. Transfer the shrimp out with a slotted spoon, onto a serving ware lined with paper towels.
- Serve immediately with the Spicy Tartar Sauce.