1 (300 ml) cans
sweetened condensed milk
1 (370 ml) cans
graham wafers, Honey Maid, divided
Cool Whip Topping, thawed, for serving
- Grate zest from 1 lemon; set aside.
- Cut both lemons in half; squeeze to measure 7 Tablespoons juice.
- Mix condensed milk and evaporated milk in a small bowl.
- Add lemon juice, 1 Tablespoon at a time, stirring with fork after each addition until well blended. Mixture will thicken to a soft custard-like consistency.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Line the bottom of an 8x5x3-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap.
- Arrange 6 wafers on bottom of the pan, trimming if necessary for a snug fit.
- Cover with 1 cup milk mixture, spreading to completely cover wafers.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Cover with remaining wafers.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Unmold onto plate just before serving.
- Spread Cool Whip over top of dessert.