salt and pepper
- Preheat broiler.
- Lightly oil a baking dish large enough to hold the squash in a single layer.
- Prepare the zucchini for stuffing, halving each one and scooping out the flesh.
- Finely chop the zucchini and saute it in the butter, stirring frequently, until browned in places.
- Season with salt and combine with all the other ingredients.
- Fill the zucchini and set side by side in the baking dish.
- Broil about 6 inches from heat until browned and heated through, about 20 minutes.
- NOTE: I counted the saute time as part of the prep time.