zucchini, fresh cut in 1/4-inch chunks
lean ground beef
garlic cloves, chopped
salsa, jarred with tomatoes, onions and chiles
- Brown ground beef with chopped onions, chopped garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until meat is well cooked.
- Add jarred salsa and cumin. Cover and simmer in low heat for another 10 minutes until flavors blend.
- Add the zucchini chunks. Cover and cook for about 10 more minutes until zucchini is cooked, but not too soft.
- NOTE: this is a versatile casserole with 6 basic ingredients for a budget or low calorie dish, but every person can add some other ingredients to their own taste like: ground turkey, ground or shredded chicken instead of the ground beef, corn or cheese. Also can be serve it with rice, spaghetti or any other pasta, in tacos or burritos, etc. Hope you enjoy it in any way you make it.