2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup
chopped green onions
cooked and crumbled bacon
1 1/4 cups
shredded cheddar cheese
light sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons
chicken bouillon granules
additional cooked bacon
- Wash potatoes and prick several times with a fork.
- Bake in foil in a preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
- Let cool.
- Cut potatoes.
- Melt butter in a heavy sauce pan over low heat.
- Add flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is bubbly.
- Pour into crock pot and then add potato cubes, salt, pepper, green onions, crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and chicken granules.
- Cook on High for 4 hours.
- Stir in the sour cream right before serving.
- If soup is to thick, add a little milk at a time until desired thickness is achieved.
- Garnish with additional sour cream and crumbled bacon.