boneless skinless chicken breast halves
fresh parsley, minced
garlic clove, minced
bacon, thick applewood
salt & fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a slit into the thick side of each chicken breast about 2 inches long and 1 1/2 inches deep.
- Mash together the Gorgonzola cheese, parsley, shallot, and garlic in a small bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Divide the filling in half, and stuff each chicken breast with cheese filling.
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each breast, and secure with wooden toothpicks. Heat 1 Tbs olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat and brown chicken on all sides
- Place the chicken breasts into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the bacon is browned and the chicken is no longer pink inside, about 30-35 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of a breast should read about 165 degrees F (75 degrees C).