( vodka will do)
packed fresh calendula flowers
- Take your flowers and place them in the glass jar, and fill the jar to the top with your grain alcohol. Screw on the top and let it seep for 2-4 weeks. Shaking twice a day.
- After it has had time to seep 2 to 4 weeks later. Strain the tincture through a coffee filter or cheese cloth. Then pour carefully the tincture into a dark bottle. Make sure that the bottle is clean and air dried.
- Now to use topical: Dilute 12 part tincture to 10 parts witch hazel, apply this natural remedy to affected skin area.
- You can also put the mixture in a spray bottle to be used in a few days. Because there is no preservatives of any kind, having it in a spray bottle will not last as long as in the dark bottle. Keeping it in the refrigerator will prolong it and feel nice when sprayed.
- Internal use:.
- A cleansing and detoxifying herb, Calendula works great for stimulating and purifying the liver. It is also a great tonic for stomach ulcers and digestive disorders, and a gargle for canker sores in the mouth and throat.
- Using a funnel pour the tincture into medicine dropper bottles.
- Dosage: taken orally is 5-15 drops for children and 10-25 drops for adults.