1 (12 ounce) packages
extra firm tofu
( pressed, drained and cubed or crumbled)
garlic cloves, minced
yellow onion, diced
( 1 cup)
( smoked paprika is good too)
( French's recommended or use whole grain mustard if you like)
fresh ground black pepper
- Place oil, onion and garlic in a skillet on medium high heat . Saute until fragrant, 3-5 minutes.
- Add tofu (cut into tiny little 1/4 inch cubes or crumbled) and saute 10-12 minutes or until golden.
- Reduce heat add spices and nutritional yeast. Fold until well coated, remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cool, add mayonnaise and mustard. Mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve on sprouted grain bread, in a whole grain tortilla, or on a bed of greens. Makes enough filling for 8 wraps or sandwiches.